Thursday, January 15, 2009

The beginning of a new adventure

So being that this is my first post to my brand new blog, I believe an introduction is in order.  To begin, I first applied to the Peace Corps back in Nov. 2007 and shortly after received my nomination for service.  After the long and grueling process of medical and dental clearance, I was placed in Nov. 2008 in a program set to leave Feb. 12th, 2008 for Entebbe, Uganda.  I will be living and working in Uganda for 27 months. My job title is primary school teacher trainer.  From the information sent to me regarding my job, I believe I will be helping current teachers with curriculum, classroom presentations, and incorporating newer techniques to keep children engaged.  
I have been preparing fastidiously to go to Philly for staging.  In Philly, I will be attending PC meetings, registration, etc. as well as meeting everyone in my training class. As a group, we will leave Philly and travel to Uganda.  I have already met a few of the people in my training class and it seems like we have a great group going;) I am very excited to meet everyone and begin this new adventure in Africa!!!

5 comments:

  1. Lizzie, I am excited for you and will be looking forward to reading your blog about your experiences in Africa. that way you wont seem so far away. Love, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Hey, Mom (above)...

    My little Izzie! I am so excited to know that you are going on such an amazing adventure!!! I will be a loyal reader of your blog and I can't wait to hear about all of the blessings and challenges that you come across.

    You will be in my prayers, and I can't wait to see you when you return. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzie, I am excited for you and will be looking forward to reading your blog about your experiences in Africa. that way you wont seem so far away. Love, Libby

    ReplyDelete
  4. and also how is it going so far? are you haveing fun so far?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it should's like your haveing a great time and put picutres on eather on here or facebook email me its Libbybobenny@gmail.com and tell me what is up anyways i have to go now but i hope to hear form you soon Love you Libby

    ReplyDelete