Sunday, May 17, 2009

Living at site

I am officially a Peace Corps Volunteer. I have been living at my new home for about a month now. I live in a very small village north of Kampala. My village is located in the African bush. Thankfully electricity which has been my saving grace. I get my water from the local watering hole not too far from my house. I will be living at the secondary school where I am teaching. It looks like I will be teaching physics and math. Everyone in my village has been very warm and welcoming. I think everyone already knows my name. When I am coming and going from my village I greet everyone and always receive a "Bye Madame Liz" from the local children. I have really enjoyed cooking for myself this last month although food can be quite difficult to get. I begin teaching in about a week and will be very busy with lesson plans and schemes. So far I have had no bug incidents except for the monstrous spider that decided to join me for dinner the other night. Soon I will post some pics of my new house. I also listed my address so feel free to send letters and whatnot.

3 comments:

  1. You sound well and happy. I am following your blog. Hasse

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Lizzie! I just accepted my Uganda invite (the August group). I was wondering if there was anything that you packed that you didn't need and anything that you wished you had brought but didn't. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I'm not a very good packer :)

    Thanks,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for no bugs!! can't wait to see your house!! I love love love what they call you! it is precious! it sounds great lizzie!! You will make a fabulous teacher! love you!!
    ~Ashface

    ReplyDelete